The module provides a theme-independent administration interface (aka. “navigation”, “back-end”). It’s a helper for novice users coming from other CMS, a time-saver for site administrators, and useful for developers and site builders. Administrative links are displayed in a CSS/JS-based menu at the top on all pages of your site. It not only contains regular menu items – tasks and actions are also included, enabling fast access to any administrative resource your Drupal site provides.
- Works in all themes and all browsers.
- Exposes all administration links including all tabs/tasks and actions to provide direct access to any page.
- Extensible with add-on features by other modules. Devel integration is built-in.
- Themeable administration menu icon.
- (3.x only) Implements client-side caching to minimize server-side performance impact.
- (7.x-3.x only) Exposes links to individual configuration items (e.g., content types, menus, views, etc.) including their contextual links.